Lea Katherine Thompson


Thompson was born on May 31, 1961, in Rochester, Minnesota,[ one of five children born to Clifford and Barbara Barry Thompson, a musician. Thompson has two sisters, Coleen Goodrich and Shannon Katona, and two brothers, Andrew and Barry. Her mother is of Irish descent.She studied ballet when she was a child and began dancing professionally by the age of 14, winning scholarships to San Francisco Ballet, the Pennsylvania Ballet, and the American Ballet Theatre.When she was 20 years aged and performing professionally with American Ballet Theatre's Studio Company (then known as ABT II), the moment arrived to decide if she wanted to move to the main company. Mikhail Baryshnikov (the artistic director at the time) told her that she was a great dancer but was too tall. In her words, that was "my epiphany " when I decided to stop dancing and not being a ballet performer. It was a truly memorable moment. Without it, I'd have been banging my head against a wall for another 10plus years. "[She began acting. She relocated to New York at the age of 20 and appeared in numerous Burger King commercials in the 1980s along with Sarah Michelle Gellar. Her co-star in Back to the Future Part II was Elisabeth Shue. Jaws 3D, her feature film debut in 1983. I also claimed I could waterski. But I wasn't. As I was required to take part in the Sea World water-skiing program, I had just five days to study the fundamentals of water-skiing. I have no idea the way that swimming works!" This was followed by All the Right Moves (1983), Red Dawn (84), and The Wild Life (84).






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yvonne Joyce Craig

Erin Cahill

Lauren Ash